It was formed in 1992.
At different times the subdepartment was headed by the candidate of philosophical sciences, the associate professor Kochetkov V.I., the candidate of sociological sciences, the the associate professor Rychkov A.U., DPhil, professor Osipova O.S.
The training process is organized by the highly skilled faculty, the majority of the lecturers have academic degrees and titles, the significant experience of pedagogical work.
The lecturers of the department of political sociology read the courses of political science and sociology at all departments of the university. Furthermore, for the students of economic department - special courses “the theory of diplomacy and consular service”, “sociology of administration”; for the students of the department of physical culture - “organization of tourism”.
The reference direction of the scientific research work of the faculty is the improving of the quality of teaching and the study of political science and sociology in VUZ (Institute of Higher Education). Furthermore, the sociological studies, dedicated to the urgent social problems of Gomel region and Republic of Belarus' as a whole are conducted by the associate professor Kasyanenko A.P. Practical recommendations for the solution of these problems are made on the basis of the analysis of public opinion.
The members of the subdepartment achieve close collaboration with the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus', the Institute of Sociopolitical studies with the president's administration of Republic of Belarus', the Information- analytical center with the President of republic Belarus', Gomel Executive Committee.
The lecturers constantly carry out educational work among the students. In the process of the teaching of political science and sociology they try to develop the need for the civil political culture level improvement, to form the skills of self-discipline, culture of behavior and feeling of responsibility for oneself, society and state.
Abramenko Elena Gennad'evna
Head of the Department of political science and sociology
Candidate of political Sciences, Associate Professor
Courses taught: "political Science", "Theory of political systems"
Research interests: Formation and development of parliamentarism in transitional societies
Graduated fromGomelstate University. F. Skorina in 2003, Has more than 30 scientific publications.
1. Abramenko, E. G. Parliamentarism as a political institution and the peculiarities of its formation in theRepublicofBelarus" / Abramenko E. G. // Scientific papers of the Republican Institute of higher school. The philosophicacal disciplines and the Humanities: collected papers. article Vol. 11 / under the editorship of V. F. Berkova. –Minsk: national Institute for higher education, 2012. – P. 3 – 10.
2. Abramenko, E. G. Business game as active method of learning and formation of political-legal culture of students /E. G. Abramenko // the Innovative experience of ideological, educational and informational work in higher education : materials of the IV International scientific-practical conference / under the General editorship of G. M. Jankovoy; Ministry of education of Belarus, Belarusian State University of transport. –Gomel, Belsut, 2012. – S. 18 – 21.
3. Abramenko, E. G. Constitutional and legal consolidation of parliamentarism in theRepublicofBelarus/ E. G. Abramenko // the Priority directions of development of legal system (2012;Gomel), Intern. Scientific-practical conference, April 6-7, 2012. : [materials] / Univ.: I. I. Esmanovich (resp. ed.) [et al.]. –Gomel: GSU named after. F. Skorina, 2012. – P. 3 - 7.
4. Abramenko, E. G. the Basic stages of formation of parliamentarism on the territory of the Republic of Belarus / E. G. Abramenko // Historic ways, interaction and relations of the Belarusian people and their neighbors: collection of scientific papers / editorial Board.: Lazko, G. G. [and others] ; Ministry of education of Belarus, the Goma. state University named after F. Skorina. –Gomel: GSU named after. F. Skorina, 2014. – P. 131 - 135.
Tishkevich Mikhail Yakovlevich
Senior lecturer, Department of political science and sociology
Candidate of sociological Sciences
Courses taught: "Sociology", "Politics", "Social policy"
Research interests: the Interaction of political and social systems in the operation and distribution of power, socio-cultural determinants of political life, technologies and methods of sociological research of political life, local government and self-government.
Graduated fromGomelstate University named after F. Skorina in 1988, has been working at the University since 1989. Conducts sociological research with students.
1. Tishkevich M. Y. public relations in activities of local Executive authorities: political dimension / Tishkevich M. Y. // Ippocrene. – 2009. No. 1. – P. 68-79.
2. Tishkevich M. Y. the Activities of local government and self-government with public relations: organizational and functional aspects / M. I. Tishkevich // Work. Unions. Society. – 2009. - No. 2. P. 57-61.
3. Tishkevich M. Y. public relations as a political-administrative technology: formation and development / Tishkevich M. Y. // Work. Unions. Society. – 2010. – No. 1. – P. 75-78.
Voronenko Alexandr Ivanovich
Assistant Professor, Department of political science and sociology
Courses taught: "Sociology", "Sociology of education"
Research interests: System of modern school education in theRepublic ofBelarus, sociology of education.
Graduated fromGomelstate University named after F. Skorina in 2003.
Has been working at the Department of political science and sociology at the University since 2005. In 2011 he got a postgraduate degree at the Department of sociology in Belarusian State University. He Is the head of the regional office survey of network of Information analytical center at the presidential Administration of the Republic of Belarusin the Gomelregion. Regularly attracts University students to sociological studies through the work of the sociological laboratory of the Department. Manages the Club of intellectual games "What? Where? When?».
1. Voronenko A. I. School education in theRepublicofBelarusin the medium and long term / A. I. Voronenko // the Future of Belarus. Opinion of young researchers : collected papers. articles / under the editorship of E. Progerman; Public Association "Discussion and analytical community "Liberal club" Center of analytical initiatives. –Minsk, 2014. – p. 283-312.
2. Voronenko, A. I. proceedings of the conference "Ways of dealing with plagiarism of pupils and students: a practical experience" // "Modern education: continuity of educational system "school–higher school": Materials of IX international scientific conference (Gomel, 14-15 November 2013). In 2 parts. Part 1. –Gomel, 2013. – p. 91-93.
3. Voronenko, A. And the Results of innovational activity in the course of the project "Introduction of system of estimation of level of readiness to professional self-determination on the basis of sociological monitoring" // Innovations in modern education: experience and prospects: collection of materials of International scientific-practical conference. October 30, 2014,Mogilev/ Ed.tip:StarovoitovaI.A., etc. –Mogilev: EE "MHOIRE", 2014. – 298 p. P. 101-104.
Kasyanenko Anatoly Petrovich
Associate Professor, Department of political science and sociology
Candidate of philosophical Sciences, associate Professor
Courses taught: "Sociology", "Sociology", "Sociology of tourism", "Economic sociology"
Research interests: methodology of sustainable development, sociology of tourism, the development of rural tourism in Belarus, education in places of deprivation of liberty, clustered strategy for the development of tourism, sociology of civil society, social entrepreneurship
Is the coordinator of the TEMPUS project "Training and professional development of teachers of tourism disciplines in theRepublicofBelarus", approved by the Council of Ministers of theRepublicofBelaruson the 24 th of July 2012 №671. Is a member of Republican coordination Council on agroecotourism with the Department of tourism of theRepublicofBelarus, and Deputy of the coordinating Council of public associations and political parties at theGomelregional Executive Committee.
1. Kasyanenko, A. P. Interaction of local authorities and public associations in the sustainable development of Gomel region / A. P. Kasyanenko, Tishkevich M. Y. // Legal system of the society: priority areas for development: scientific collection. art / Univ. :I.I.Esmanovich (chief editor) [ and others] ; Ministry of education ofBelarus,Gomelstate University im. F. Skorina , 2013. – P. 17-21.
2. Kasyanenko A. P. Analysis of the civil society sector of theRepublicofBelarusis involved in regional and local development. Analytical report. The A. V. Sivograkov(leader), Kasyanenko A. P., Lysiuk A. I. –Minsk,2014 -132 p.
3. Kasyanenko A. P. Atlas of social services non-profit organizations (NPOs) in theGomelregion. Kasyanenko A. P.,Kecoh N. And., Dedkova E. M. -Gomel: Bark. 2014, 92 PP.
4. Kasyanenko A. P. Tourism in Pripyat Polesie./ V. T. Demyanchik [ et al.] –Brest: Alternative.2014, -140 p.
Zlotnikov Andrey Anatolevich
Associate Professor, Department of political science and sociology
Candidate of sociological Sciences, associate Professor
Courses taught: "Sociology"
Research interests: the sphere of research interests: sociology of sport and healthy lifestyle, sociology of youth, sociology of family, political sociology.
In 1994 graduated from the Department of sociology at BSU. In 2008 awarded with the degree of candidate of sociological Sciences. In 2010 got the academic title of associate Professor. Teaching experience covers the period of more than 15 years. He is the author of about a hundred of publications.
1. Realities and landmarks of demographic processes in theGomelregion: monograph / Zlotnikov, Anatoly G., T. V. Stepkina, A. A. Zlotnikov; the nationalAcademyofSciencesofBelarus, Institute of sociology. -Minsk: Publisher A. N. Varaksin, 2007 . – 148 p .
2. Zlotnikov, A. A. the Social value of high sport performance achievements in the context of globalization / A. A. Zlotnikov // Vestnik BSU. Seria 3: GST. Flash. PSAL. PalTel. Social. Akan. Law. – 2008. – No. 3. – P. 59– 63.
3. Zlotnikov, A. A. Typology of voters (according to the results of sociological research in theGomelregion) / A. A. Zlotnikov // Monitoring of public opinion: economic and social change. – 2013. – №2 in March-April. – S. 169– 171.
4. Kirienko,V. V., Kleiman,V. V., Zlotnikov,A. A. students: mental characteristics, identity, way of life / V. V. Kirienko, V. V. Kleiman, A. A. Zlotnikov; under the General editorship of V. V. Kirienko. –Gomel: Ggtu named after. P. O. Sukhoi, 2015.– 281 p.
Research themes, teachers of the Department of political science and sociology took part in:
1. GB 11-13 "the Formation and development of analytical abilities of students in the process of teaching and learning of political science and sociology at the University."
2. Program of European Commission TEMPUS project 543707-ТЕМPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPHES "Ecological Education forBelarus,RussiaandUkraine" (EcoBRU) (Ecological education forBelarus,RussiaandUkraine) - Kasyanenko Anatoly Petrovich, candidate of philosophical sciences.
Some publications of the Department:
1. A. P. Kasyanenko. Sustainable tourism in Pripyatski Polesie. Collective monograph. –Minsk, 2012. – 136 p.
2. Senina, V. F. political Science: a practical guide to conducting SORS for students of all specialties / Senina, V. F.; Ministry of education ofBelarus,Gomelstate University named after F. Skorina. –Gomel: Ggfm. F. Skorina, 2013. – 38 p.
3.Tishkevich M. Y. Social policy: practice.hands-on / J. M. Tishkevich; Ministry of education ofBelarus,Gomelstate University im. F. Skorina. –Gomel: Ggfm. F. Skorina, 2013. – 36 p.
4. Kasyanenko, A. P. Analysis of the civil society sector of theRepublicofBelarusis involved in regional and local development. Analytical report. The A. V. sivograkov (the main leader), Kasyanenko5. A. P., Lysiuk A. I. –Minsk, 2014,-132 C. 4. Kasyanenko, A. P. Atlas of social services non-profit organizations (NPOs) in theGomelregion. Kasyanenko A. P.,Kecoh N. And., Dedkova E. M.– Gomel: Bark. 2014, 92 PP.
5. Kasyanenko, A. P. Tourism in Pripyat Polesie./ A. P. Kasyanenko, V. T. Demyanchik. –Brest: Alternative.2014, -140 p.
6. Voronenko A. I., Tishkevich M. Y. Sociology: systematic features of society: practical. hands-on / A. I. Voronenko, Y. M. Tishkevich ; Ministry of education ofBelarus, the Goma. state Univ. F. Skorina. –Gomel: GSU them. F. Skorina, 2014. – 40 p.
7. A. P. Kasyanenko Methodology of development and implementation of strategies for sustainable territorial development / O. V. sivograkov, A. I. Lysyuk, A. P. Kasyanenko, V. E. Levkevich. –Minsk: Kovcheg, 2010. – 154 p.
Supervisor Chair: Abramenko Elena Gennad'evna, Candidate of Political Sciences, Associate Professor